Terms and Conditions
In the event of a conflict between Progressive Tech Limited and a Client, terms expressed in English and expressed in any other language, the terms expressed in English shall prevail over those expressed in any other language.
The Agreement is entered by and between RWMarkets (“the Company”) on the one part and the Client (which may be a legal entity or a natural person) who has completed the Account Opening Procedure (hereinafter called the “Client”) on the part.
1.2 Scope on this Agreement
This Agreement sets out the basis on which we will provide services to you. This Agreement governs each Transaction entered into or outstanding between us on or after the execution of this Agreement.
From the date on which your Account is activated, we will offer you brokerage services in CFDs and Forex.
You acknowledge that our Services do not include the provision of investment advice. Any investment information as may be announced by the Company to you does not constitute investment advice, but merely aims to assist you in making investment decisions. It is also understood and accepted that we shall bear absolutely no responsibility, regardless of the circumstances, for any such investment strategy, transaction, investment, or information.
We will not advise you about the merits of a particular Transaction and you alone will make trading and other decisions based on your own judgment for which you may wish to seek independent advice before entering into a Transaction. In asking us to enter into any Transaction, you represent that you have been solely responsible for making your own independent appraisal and investigation into the risks of the Transaction. You represent that you have sufficient knowledge, merits and risks of any Transaction.
The Agreement overrides any other agreements, arrangements, express or implied statements made by the Company or any Introducer(s).
2.1 Information about Us
Progressive Tech Ltd, (hereinafter “the Company” or “We” or “Us”) is the holder of the trade name RWMarkets having its registered address at Suite 14 Queen Street, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, EH2 1JE.
The Company’s official language is the English language and the Client should always read and refer to the main Website for all information and disclosures about the Company and its activities. However, where possible, we will communicate with you in other languages in addition to English. Translation or information provided in languages other than English in our local Websites is for informational purposes only and do not bind us or have any legal effect whatsoever. We have no responsibility or liability regarding the correctness of the information therein.
2.3 Communication with us
You may communicate with us in writing (including fax), by email or other electronic means, or orally (including by telephone). Our contact details are set out in Clause 19 (Miscellaneous) under the heading “Notices”. The language of communication shall be English, and you will receive documents and other information from us in English. In case your communication is sent by post, it must be posted by registered mail or a commercial courier service.
Our website (https://www.rwmarkets.com/en-gb/ ) contains further details about us and our services, and other information relevant to this Agreement. In the event of any conflict between the terms of this Agreement and our website this Agreement will prevail.
RWMarkets will treat the Client as a retail client for the purposes of the Rules and the Applicable Regulations. You have the right to request a different client categorization. However, if you do request such different categorization and we agree to such categorization, the protection afforded by certain Rules and the other Applicable Regulations may be reduced. This may include, but is not limited to:
- the requirement for us to act in accordance with your best interests;
- our obligation to provide appropriate information to you before providing the services;
- the restriction on the payment or receipt by us of any inducements;
- our obligation to achieve best execution in respect of your orders;
- the requirement to implement procedures and arrangements which provide for the prompt, fair and expeditious execution of your orders;
- our obligation to ensure that all information we provide to you is fair, clear and not misleading; and
- the requirement that you receive from us adequate reports on the services provided to you.
2.5 Legal Age
The Company’s services and products traded are only available to individuals who are at least 18 years old (and at least the legal age in your jurisdiction). You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are at least 18 years old and of legal age in your jurisdiction to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. The Company reserves the right to ask for proof of age from you and your account may be suspended until satisfactory proof of age is provided. The Company may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer its products and services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time.
Headings are for ease of reference only and do not form part of this Agreement.
3.1 Subject to Applicable Regulations
This Agreement and all Transactions are subject to Applicable Regulations so that:
- nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or restrict any obligation which we have to you under Applicable Regulations;
- we may take or omit to take any action we consider necessary to ensure compliance with any Applicable Regulations;
- all Applicable Regulations and whatever we do or fail to do in order to comply with them will be binding on you; and
- such actions that we take or fail to take for the purpose of compliance with any Applicable Regulations shall not render us or any of our directors, officers, employees or agents liable.
3.2 Action by regulatory body
If a regulatory body takes any action which affects a Transaction, then we may take any action which we, in our reasonable discretion, consider desirable to correspond with such action or to mitigate any loss incurred as a result of such action. Any such action shall be binding on you. If a regulatory body makes an enquiry in respect of any of your Transactions, you agree to co-operate with us and to promptly supply information requested in connection with the enquiry.
4. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
4.1 Governing law
This Customer Agreement and all transactional relations between you and us are governed by international commercial law and/or industry practice.
Each of the parties irrevocably agrees for our benefit that the courts of United Kingdom
- shall have jurisdiction to settle any suit, action or other proceedings relating to this Agreement (“ Proceedings”) and irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts (provided that this shall not prevent us from bringing an action in the courts of any other jurisdiction); and
- waives any objection which it may have at any time to the laying of venue of any proceedings brought in any such court and agrees not to claim that such Proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum or that such court does not have jurisdiction over it.
4.3 Waiver of immunity and consent to enforcement
You irrevocably waive to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, with respect to yourself and your revenue and assets (irrespective of their use or intended use) all immunity on the grounds of sovereignty or other similar grounds from suit; jurisdiction of any courts; relief by way of injunction, order for specific performance or for recovery of property; attachment of assets (whether before or after judgment); and execution or enforcement of any judgment to which you or your revenues or assets might otherwise be entitled in any Proceedings in the courts of any jurisdiction and irrevocably agree that you will not claim any immunity in any Proceedings. You consent generally in respect of any Proceedings to the giving of any relief or the issue of any process in connection with such Proceedings, including, without limitation, the making, enforcement or execution against any property whatsoever (irrespective of its use or intended use) of any order or judgment which may be made or given in such Proceedings.
5. Risk Warning
5.1 You unreservedly acknowledge and accept that:
- a) You run a great risk of incurring losses and damages as a result of trading in CFDs and/or Financial Instruments and accept and declare that you are willing to undertake this risk. The damages may include loss of all your money and any additional commissions and other expenses,
b) CFDs and/or Financial Instruments carry a high degree of risk. The gearing or leverage obtainable in CFDs and/or Financial Instruments trading means that a small deposit or down payment can lead to large losses as well as gains. It also means that a relatively small movement can lead to a proportionately larger movement in the value of your investment and this can work against you as well as for you. CFDs and/or Financial Instruments Transactions have a contingent liability and you should be aware of the implications of this, in particular, the margining requirements,
c) When trading in CFDs and/or Financial Instruments, you are trading on the outcome of the price of an Underlying and that trading does not occur on a regulated market but over-the-counter (OTC),
d) Before deciding to trade on margin, you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite,
e) You have chosen the particular type of service and financial instrument, taking your total financial circumstances into consideration, which you consider reasonable under such circumstances, and
f) There are risks associated with use of online deal execution and trading systems including, but not limited to, software and hardware failure and internet disconnection. The Company is not responsible for such losses or failures.
5.2 The Company shall not be responsible for any loss arising from any investment based on any recommendation, forecast, or other information provided. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, or other information contained on this Website are provided as general market commentary, and do not constitute investment advice. The Company will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.
5.3 The contents of any report provided should not be construed as an express or implied promise, as a guarantee or implication that Clients will profit from the strategies herein, or as a guarantee that losses in connection therewith can, or will be limited.
5.4 Trades in accordance with the recommendations in an analysis, especially leveraged investments, can be very speculative and may result in profits, as well as losses, especially if the conditions mentioned in the analysis do not occur as anticipated.
5.5 In case of any fault in the pricing process, typing errors, entering errors and quoting errors through the electronic trading system and/or phone, the Company has full right to make any necessary modifications to the investor’s trading account in which the mistake took place.
5.6 If you do not understand the risks involved in trading foreign exchange or leveraged Financial Instruments, please do not trade.
6. EXCLUSIONS, LIMITATIONS AND INDEMNITY
6.1 General Exclusion
Neither we nor our directors, officers, employees, or agents shall be liable for any losses, damages, costs or expenses, whether arising out of negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise, incurred or suffered by you under this Agreement (including any Transaction or where we have declined to enter into a proposed Transaction) unless such loss is a reasonably foreseeable consequence or arises directly from our or their respective gross negligence, wilful default or fraud.
The Company shall in no circumstances be liable for losses suffered by the Client or any third party for any special or consequential damage, loss of profit, loss of goodwill or loss of business opportunity arising under or in connection with this Agreements, whether arising out of negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise. Nothing in this Agreement will limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
6.2 Tax implications
Without limitation, we do not accept liability for any adverse tax implications of any Transaction whatsoever.
6.3 Changes in the market
Market orders are executed at the bid/ask prices offered through us. Pending orders (stop loss, limit (take profit), entry limit (to buy or to sell), entry stop (to buy or to sell) are executed at the then market price requested by you and offered through us. We reserve the right, at our full discretion, not to execute the order, or to change the quoted price of the Transaction, or to offer you a new quote, in case of technical failure of the trading platform or in case of extraordinary or abnormal fluctuations of the price of the financial instrument as offered in the market. In the event we offer you a new quote you have the right to either accept it or refuse it and thus cancel the execution of the Transaction.
Without limitation, we do not accept any liability by reason of any delay or change in market conditions before any particular Transaction is affected.
6.4 Limitation of Liability
We shall not be liable to you for any partial or non-performance of our obligations hereunder by reason of any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation any breakdown, delay, malfunction or failure of transmission, communication or computer facilities, industrial action, act of terrorism, act of God, acts and regulations of any governmental or supra national bodies or authorities or the failure by the relevant intermediate broker or agent, agent or principal of our custodian, sub-custodian, dealer, exchange, clearing house or regulatory or self-regulatory organisation, for any reason, to perform its obligations. Nothing in this Agreement will exclude or restrict any duty or liability we may have to you under Applicable Regulations, which may not be excluded or restricted thereunder.
6.5 Responsibility for orders
You will be responsible for all orders entered on your behalf via an Electronic Service and you will be fully liable to us for the settlement of any Transaction arising from it.
6.6 Entire Agreement
You acknowledge that you have not relied on or been induced to enter into this Agreement by a representation other than those expressly set out in this Agreement. We will not be liable to you (in equity, contract or tort) for a representation that is not set out in this Agreement and that is not fraudulent.
You shall pay to us such sums as we may from time to time require in or towards satisfaction of any debit balance on any of your accounts with us and, on a full indemnity basis, any losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including legal fees), taxes, imposts and levies which we may incur or be subjected to with respect to any of your accounts or any Transaction or as a result of any misrepresentation by you or any violation by you of your obligations under this Agreement (including any Transaction) or by the enforcement of our rights.
7. CLIENT MONEY
7.1 Client Money
Unless otherwise agreed with the Client in writing and to the extent allowed under Applicable Regulations, the Company will deal with any funs that it holds on the Client account in accordance with the Applicable Regulations.
You, the client, acknowledge and confirm that no interest will be received on the balance of your account.
The Company may deposit Client money with a third party (i.e intermediary broker, a bank, a market, a settlement agent, a clearing house or OTC counterparty to hold or control the funds in order to effect a Transaction through or with that person or to satisfy the Client’s obligation to provide collateral (e.g. initial margin requirement) in respect of a Transaction. The third party to whom the Company will pass money may hold it in an omnibus account ant it may not be possible to separate it from the Client’s money, or third party’s money.
In the event of insolvency or any other analogous proceedings in relation to that their party the Company may only have an unsecured claim against the third party on behalf of the Client, and the Clients will be exposed to the risk that the money received by the Company from the third party is insufficient to satisfy the claims of the Client with claims in respect of the relevant account. The Company does not accept any liability or responsibility for any resulting losses.
7.3 Unclaimed client money
In case there is no movement on your balance for one year, you agree that we may cease to treat your money as client money. The Company will write to you at your last known address to inform you of its intention of no longer treating your balance as client money and giving you 10 days to make a claim.
7.4 Liability and Indemnity
You agree that we shall not be liable for any default of any counterparty, bank, custodian or other entity which holds money on your behalf or with or through whom transactions are conducted.
The Company will not be liable for loss suffered by you in connection to your funds held by us, unless such loss directly arises from our gross negligence, willful default or fraud.
8. COSTS, PAYMENTS AND CHARGES
The provision of Services and the performing of both trading and non-trading operations under the Agreement is subject to the payment of charges to the Company (the “Costs”). Costs to the Company are set out in the Company Website. When placing Orders in CFDs, the related Costs may appear as a percentage of the value of the CFD, therefore the Client has the responsibility to understand how Costs are calculated. The Company may vary its Costs from time to time. The Company will send a Written Notice to the Client informing of any changes, before they come into effect. The variation will take effect from the date which the Company specifies in its notification to the Client.
8.2 Additional costs
You should be aware of the possibility that other taxes or costs may exist that are not paid through or imposed by us.
All payments to us under this Agreement shall be made in such currency as we may from time to time specify to the bank account designated by us for such purposes. All such payments shall be made by you without any deduction or withholding.
8.4 Remuneration and sharing of charges
We may share charges with partners, affiliates, business introducers and agents in connection with Transactions carried out on your behalf. Business introducers and agents are paid on the basis of the percentage of spread. Partners and affiliates get fixed fees. Details of such remuneration or sharing arrangements are available to you upon request. If you require more information on the fees and commissions that we pay to business introducers and other affiliates, let us know and we will provide you with further information.
8.5 Rollovers, Interest
A daily financing charge may apply to each Financial Derivatives open position at the closing of the Company’s trading day as regard to that Financial Derivatives. If such financing charge is applicable, it will either be requested to be paid by Client directly to the Company or it will be paid by the Company to Client, depending on the type of Financial Derivatives and the nature of the position Client holds. The method of calculation of the financing charge varies according to the type of Financial Derivatives to which it applies. Moreover, the amount of the financing charge will vary as it is linked to current interest rates. The financing charge will be credited or debited (as appropriate) to Client’s account on the next trading day following the day to which it relates.
The Company reserves the right to change the method of calculating the financing charge, the financing rates and/or the types of Financial Derivatives to which the financing charge applies. For certain types of Financial Derivatives, a commission is payable by Client to open and close Financial Derivatives positions. Such commission payable will be debited from Client’s account at the same time as the Company opens or closes the relevant Financial Derivatives. Changes in our swap interest rates and calculations shall be at our own discretion and without notice. Clients need to always check our website for the then current rates charged. Rates may change quickly due to market conditions (changes in interest rates, volatility, liquidity etc.) and due to various risk related matters that are at the firm’s sole discretion.
A fix commission applies for the symbols quoted with a variable spread, according with the Specifications table. This commission is fixed per contract, per leg (one way). The company reserves the right to modify the trading commission and is not liable for any losses incurred by Clients when the commission changes. When trading instruments with variable spreads and commission please carefully periodically check the Specifications table. The Company is not to be kept liable for any change of the variable spread or of the commission.
9. RIGHT TO CANCEL
If you wish to cancel this Agreement you have the right to do so, for a period of fourteen (14) days commencing on the date on which this Agreement is concluded or the date on which you receive this Agreement (whichever is later) (the “Cancellation Period”). In case you decide to cancel it you should send a written notice or an email to the addresses stated on our website in the contact us section. The transaction entered into by you during the Cancellation Period will not be cancelled. If you don’t cancel the Agreement within the Cancellation Period you will be bound by its terms but you may terminate this Agreement in accordance with Clause 22 (Termination without Default).
10. CLIENT ACCOUNTS AND INITIAL DEPOSITS
Before you can place an order with the Company, you must read and accept this Agreement, including the risk disclosure statement, the trading policies and procedures as listed in Clause 9 below, and all applicable addenda, you must deposit sufficient clear funds in your account and your client registration form and all accompanying documents must be approved by the Company. Minimum deposit levels may apply. Upon the approval of your registration, you will be notified by e-mail.
10.2 Currency of Accounts
You will be able to open your trading Account(s) in USD or any currency that may be offered by the Company. Account(s) balances will be calculated and reported to you in the currency in which Account(s) are maintained.
11. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND COVENANTS
The Client represents and warrants to the Company the following:
- The information provided by the Client to the Company in the Account Opening Application Form and at any time thereafter is true, accurate and complete, and at any time there is a change to the Client Personal Data, the Client will ensure that this data is updated and accurate, and the documents handed over by the Client are valid and authentic.
- if you are a natural person, you are of legal age and you have full legal capacity to enter into this Agreement;
- if you are not a natural person:
- you are duly organized, constituted and validly existing under the applicable laws of the jurisdiction in which you are constituted;
- execution and delivery of this Agreement, all Transactions and the performance of all obligations contemplated under this Agreement have been duly authorized by you; and
- each natural person executing and delivering this Agreement on your behalf, entering Transactions and the performance of all obligations contemplated under this Agreement have been duly authorized by you and have been disclosed to us providing all the necessary information and/or documentation.
- You are duly authorised to enter into the Agreement, to give Orders, Instructions and Requests and to perform its obligations thereunder;
- the persons entering into this Agreement and each Transaction on your behalf have been duly authorized to do so and are disclosed to us giving details of the relationship with you by providing all necessary information and/or documentation;
- You are acting as a principal and not as agent or representative or trustee or custodian on behalf of someone else. The Client may act on behalf of someone else only if the Company specifically consents to this in writing and provided all the documents required by the Company for this purpose are received;
- this Agreement, each Transaction and the obligations created under them both are binding upon you and enforceable against you in accordance with their terms (subject to applicable principles of equity) and do not and will not violate the terms of any regulation, order, charge or agreement by which you are bound;
- no Event of Default or any event which may become (with the passage of time, the giving of notice, the making of any determination or any combination of the above) an Event of Default (a “Potential Event of Default”) has occurred and is continuing with respect to you or any Credit Support Provider;
- all actions performed under the Agreement will not violate any law or rule applicable to the Client or to the jurisdiction in which the Client is resident, or any agreement by which the Client is bound or by which any of the Client’s assets or funds are affected
- any information which you provide or have provided to us in respect of your financial position, domicile or other matters is accurate and not misleading in any material respect;
- you are willing and financially able to sustain a total loss of funds resulting from Transactions and trading in such Transactions is a suitable investment for you; and
- except as otherwise agreed by us, you are the sole beneficial owner of all margin you transfer under this Agreement, free and clear of any security interest whatsoever other than a lien routinely imposed on all securities in a clearing system in which such securities may be held.
- You are over 18 years old
- You will take into account any information in the Company’s advertising materials only in combination with the complete description of the advertised services or promotion published on the Company’s website;
Covenants: You covenant to us:
- you will at all times obtain and comply, and do all that is necessary to maintain in full force and effect, all authority, powers, consents, licences and authorisations referred to in this clause;
- you will promptly notify us of the occurrence of any Event of Default or Potential Event of Default with respect to yourself or any Credit Support Provider;
- you will use all reasonable steps to comply with all Applicable Regulations in relation to this Agreement and any Transaction, so far as they are applicable to you or us;
- you will not send orders or otherwise take any action that could create a false impression of the demand or value for a financial instrument. Nor will you send orders which we have reason to believe are in breach of Applicable Regulations or by taking advantage of the account(s) you may maintain with the Company could be considered as system abusive orders, including but not limited to one’s intention to benefit from delays in the prices, to trade at off-market prices and/or outside trading hours and to abuse the system for trading at manipulated prices; and
- upon demand, you will provide us with such information as we may reasonably require to evidence the matters referred to in this clause or to comply with any Applicable Regulations.
12. TRADING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
12.1 Placing of instructions
You may give us instructions in electronic form through the RWMarkets Online Trading System. We shall be authorized to follow instructions notwithstanding your failure to confirm them in writing. In this Agreement “instructions” and “orders” have the same meaning.
12.2 Types of Orders Accepted
Some of the types of orders the Company accepts include, but are not limited to:
- Limit – An order (other than a market order) to buy or sell the identified market at a specified price. A limit order to buy generally will be executed when the ask price equals or falls below the bid price that you specify in the limit order. A limit order to sell generally will be executed when the bid price equals or exceeds the ask price that you specify in the limit order.
- Market- An order to buy or sell the identified market at the current market price that the Company provides via the Online Trading System. An order to buy is executed at the current market ask price and an order to sell is executed at the current market bid price.
- Stop Loss – An offer to close a transaction at a price determined in advance by the Client which, in the case of a transaction that is opened by offering to buy a specific number of a certain instrument, is lower than the opening transaction price, and in the case of a transaction that is opened by offering to sell a specific number of a certain instrument, is higher that the opening transaction price.
Following submission of an order, it is your sole responsibility to remain available for order and fill confirmations, and other communications regarding your Account until all open orders are completed. Thereafter, you must monitor your Account frequently when you have open positions in the Account.
Your order shall be valid in accordance with the type and time of the given order, as specified. If the time of validity or expiration date/time of the order is not specified, it shall be valid for an indefinite period.
12.3 Terms of Acceptance for Orders
It is your sole responsibility to clearly indicate the terms of an order when entered, whether it is a market order, limit order, stop loss order or any other type of order, including the relevant price and lot size. You acknowledge and agree that, despite our best efforts, the price at which execution occurs may be materially different to the price specified in your order. This may result from sudden price movements in the underlying assets that are beyond our control. The Company shall have no liability for failure to execute orders. The Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to reject any order in whole or in part prior to execution, or to cancel any order, where your Account contains margin that is insufficient to support the entire order or where such order is illegal or otherwise improper.
12.4 Execution Policy
We are required to have an execution policy and to provide our clients with appropriate information in relation to our execution policy. Where you place orders with us, the execution factors that we consider and their relative importance is as set out below:
- The relative importance we attach is “high”.
- The relative importance we attach is “high”.
- Likelihood of execution and settlement. The relative importance we attach is “high”.
- The relative importance we attach is “high”.
- We are the counterparty to every order you place with us and therefore we are the only execution venue.
We shall be entitled to act for you upon instructions given or purporting to be given by you or any person authorised on your behalf without further enquiry as to the genuineness, authority or identity of the person giving or purporting to give such instructions provided such instruction is accompanied by your correct Account number and password. If your Account is a joint account, you agree that we are authorized to act on the instructions of any one person in whose name the Account is held, without further inquiry. We shall have no responsibility for further inquiry into such apparent authority and no liability for the consequences of any actions taken or failed to be taken by us in reliance on any such instructions or on the apparent authority of any such persons.
12.6 Cancellation/withdrawal of instructions
Non-market orders may be cancelled via the RWMarkets Online Trading System but we can only cancel your instructions if you explicitly request so, provided that we have not acted up to the time of your request upon those instructions. Executed instructions may only be withdrawn or amended by you with our consent. The Company shall have no liability for any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses, including legal fees, arising directly or indirectly out of the failure of such order to be cancelled.
12.7 Right not to accept orders
The Company may, but is not obliged to, accept instructions to enter into a Transaction. In case there is a transaction which will not be accepted then the Company is not obliged to give a reason but should promptly notify the Client accordingly.
12.8 Control of orders prior to execution
We have the right (but not the obligation) to set limits and/or parameters to control your ability to place orders at our absolute discretion. Such limits and/or parameters may be amended, increased, decreased, removed or added to by us at our absolute discretion and may include (without limitation):
- controls over maximum order amounts and maximum order sizes;
- controls over our total exposure to you;
- controls over prices at which orders may be submitted (to include (without limitation) controls over orders which are at a price which differs greatly from the market price at the time the order is submitted to the order book);
- controls over the Electronic Services (to include (without limitation) any verification procedures to ensure that any particular order or orders has come from you); and/or
- any other limits, parameters or controls which we may be required to implement in accordance with Applicable Regulations.
12.9 Trade Adjustments
Clients must be aware that Financial Derivatives transactions carry a high degree of risk. The amount of initial margin may be small relative to the value of the foreign currency so that transactions are ‘leveraged’ or ‘geared’. A relatively small market movement may have a proportionately larger impact on the funds that the Client has deposited or will have to deposit. This may work against as well as for the client.
The Company exclusively reserves the right to widen its variable spreads, adjust leverage, change its rollover rates and/or increase the margin requirements without notice under certain market conditions including, but not limited to, when the trading desk is closed, around fundamental announcements, as a result of changes in credit markets and/or at times of extreme market volatility. In such circumstances, the Client agrees to indemnify the Company for any and all losses that may occur due the widening of spreads and the adjustment of leverage.
12.10 Execution of orders
The Company will use all reasonable endeavours in order to execute any order promptly. However, by accepting your orders we do not represent or warrant that it will be possible for the order to be executed, or that the execution will be possible according to your instructions. In case the Company encounters any difficulties relevant to the proper carry out of an order on your behalf we will notify you promptly.
12.11 Trade Confirmations and Reporting
The Company will provide the Client with online access to his Client Account via the trading platform. We will provide the client with sufficient information including information on Order(s) status, Client account status, cash balance in the Client account, daily, monthly and yearly reports of account activity as well as a report of each executed trade. Updated account information will be available no later than 24 hours after any activity takes place on your Trading Account.
If the Client believes that the Confirmation is inconsistent or if the Client does not receive any confirmation (though the transaction was made), the Client shall contact the Company.
In cases where the prevailing market represents prices different from the prices posted by the Company, the Company will attempt, on a best efforts basis and in good faith, to execute market orders on or close to the prevailing market prices. This may or may not adversely affect client’s realized and unrealized gains and losses.
12.12 Improper or Abusive Trading
The Company maintains zero tolerance policy for abusive trading strategies, fraudulent activities, manipulation, chargebacks or any other scams. Such activities include, but are not limited to, misuse of deposited and promotional/bonus funds, swap arbitrage, cash-backs, internal or external hedging, the abuse of platform limitations to restrict opening trades within two (2) days prior to ex-dividend day, the use of any automated trading system and/or software (“trading robots”, “expert advisors”, etc.). If the Company deems to be any such activities in relation to the Client’s trading account, then the Company will have the right to:
- adjust the price spreads available to you; and/or
- restrict your access to streaming, instantly tradable quotes, including providing manual quotation only; and/or
- obtain from your account any historic trading profits that you have gained through such abuse of liquidity as determined by us at any time during our trading relationship; and/or
- reject an order or to cancel a trade; and/or
- immediately terminate our trading relationship
12.13 Prohibited Trading
No employee and/or former employee who currently works or used to work on a full time or part time basis for the Company or any of its related entities shall, during the term of the employee and/or former employee’s service to the Company or any of its related entities and after termination of service become a client of any brand of the Company (either directly or indirectly, alone or with partners, associates, affiliates or any other third party) without the Company’s prior written approval. Should the Company consider that the employee and/or former employee is trading with any brand of the Company without the Company’s prior written approval personally and/or via a third party we shall consider all the trading to be abusive and/or improper trading. In such circumstances the employee and/or former employee’s trading account(s) and all open positions shall be closed immediately and any funds held within the account shall be confiscated.
No business associate or former business associate of the Company or any of its related entities shall, during the period of the agreement between the associate/former business associate and the Company and after termination of such agreement, become a client of any brand of the Company (either directly or indirectly, alone or with partners, associates, affiliates or any other third party) without the Company’s prior written approval. Should the Company consider that the associate/former business associate is trading with any brand of the Company without the Company’s prior written approval personally and/or via a third party we shall consider all the trading to be abusive and/or improper trading. In such circumstances the relevant associate/former business associate’s trading account(s) and all open positions shall be closed immediately and any funds held within the account shall be confiscated.
12.14 Disabling and Cancelling Deposits
The Company shall have the right to reject a deposit of a Client if the provisions of the transfer started in the personal area are not followed. The deposit may also be rejected for the following reasons.
- if you fail to provide the Company with any documents it requests from you either for client identification purposes or for any other reason;
- if the Company suspects or has concerns that the submitted documents may be false or fake;
- if the Company suspects you are involved in illegal or fraudulent activity;
- if the Company is informed that your credit or debit card (or any other payment method used) has been lost or stolen;
- where the Company considers that there is a chargeback risk; and/or
In case of cancelled deposits, and if there is not a confiscation of your funds by a supervisory authority on the grounds of money laundering suspicion or for any other legal infringement, your funds will be returned to the bank account that have been initially received.
12.15 Performance and settlement
You will promptly deliver any instructions, money, or documents deliverable by you under a Transaction in accordance with that Transaction as modified by any instructions given by us.
12.16 Position limits
We may require you to limit the number of open positions which you may have with us at any time and we may in our sole discretion close out any one or more Transactions in order to ensure that such position limits are maintained.
Without prejudice and subject to the terms of this Agreement, all Applicable Regulations and all conditions attaching to any relevant payments made to you under a bonus or rebate scheme operated by us, monies may be withdrawn by you from your Account provided that such monies are not being utilised for margin purposes or have otherwise become owing to us, once your withdrawal request is approved your withdrawal request will be processed by us and sent to the same bank, credit card or other source for execution as soon as possible. (Note: Some banks and credit card companies may take time to process payments especially in currencies where a correspondent bank is involved in the transaction). The funds will be returned to the bank account/credit card/other source from which the funds were debited.
If you request a withdrawal of funds from your Account and we cannot comply with it without closing some part of your open positions, we will not comply with the request until you have closed sufficient positions to allow you to make the withdrawal. In order to process your withdrawal request please ensure that the funds remaining on your account following your withdrawal is at least twice of your used margin. If you have not met the necessary bonus trading requirements at the time you make a withdrawal request the bonus will be debited from your trading account. Withdrawals will only be made on request by you, by bank transfer to an account in your name or such other method as we, in our absolute discretion, may determine.
12.18 Withdrawal procedure
After we receive your withdrawal request form we will start processing your request.
This procedure can vary in length dependant on your withdrawal method. During this time, but before we start processing your request, you can cancel your request from the automatic email received from us.
The Company offers Swap Free Client Accounts for CFD trading. The Company in its discretion may change the Underlying Assets available for Swap free Client Accounts.
We will check again your identification documents (ID, proof of residence), your trading account activity, your trading account Free Margin at the moment we process your request (excluding any award received) and any other documents that might be needed in regards with our AML/deposit policy provisions (bank statements, proof of funds, proof of the deposit you performed to us, proof of primary/secondary residential address, declarations of deposits, credit card copies, etc.).
If any of the above requested documents are missing the Company will not process your withdrawal request and will inform you of the reason of cancelling the withdrawal. Whatever is missing will be specified in the cancellation email you will receive from us and you will need to provide those documents and submit a new withdrawal request.Your old and cancelled withdrawal request cannot be opened again. Therefore, you need to submit a new withdrawal request.
In case that all of the above are submitted to us and that your Free Margin allows for the withdrawal of funds requested, we will process your request in maximum 5 (five) working days and we will inform you accordingly.
In case you provide the Company with incorrect payment details, the Company accepts no responsibility for your funds. You remain fully responsible for providing the correct details.
Where the withdrawal request is made to a bank account, you have 5 (five) working days from the date the withdrawal request was made to provide the Company with the said bank details. In case the 5 days passed and you haven’t provided the Company with sufficient and appropriate information, then the funds will be returned to your account and you will have to submit a new withdrawal request.
All your withdrawal requests eligible to be processed will be handled by us in maximum 5 (five) working days. Afterwards, it depends solely on your banking partner in how long time the funds will reach your card/bank account.
13. EVENTS OF DEFAULT
Each of the following constitutes an “Event of Default”:
- you fail to make any payment when due under this Agreement or to observe or perform any other provision of this Agreement and such failure continues for one Business Day after notice of non-performance has been given by us to you;
- the initiation by a third party of proceedings for the Client’s bankruptcy (if the Client is an individual) or for the Client’s winding-up or for the appointment of an administrator or receiver in respect of the Client or any of the Client’s assets (if the Client is a company) or (in both cases) if the Client makes an arrangement or composition with the Client’s creditors or any procedure which is similar or analogous to any of the above is commenced in respect of the Client;
- an involuntary case or other procedure is commenced against you seeking or proposing liquidation, reorganization, an arrangement or composition, a freeze or moratorium, or other similar relief with respect to you or your debts under any bankruptcy, insolvency, regulatory, supervisory or similar law (including any corporate or other law with potential application to you, if insolvent) or seeking the appointment of a Custodian of you or any substantial part of your assets and such involuntary case or other procedure either:
- has not been dismissed within five days of its institution or presentation; or
- has been dismissed within such period but solely on the grounds of an insufficiency of assets to cover the costs of such case or other procedure;
- the Client is unable to pay the Client’s debts when they fall due
- You die or become of unsound mind
- you or any Credit Support Provider (or any Custodian acting on behalf of either of you or a Credit Support Provider) disaffirms, disclaims or repudiates any obligation under this Agreement or any guarantee, hypothecation agreement, margin or security agreement or document, or any other document containing an obligation of a third party (“ Credit Support Provider”), or of you, in favour of us supporting any of your obligations under this Agreement (each a “ Credit Support Document”);
- any representation or warranty made or given or deemed made or given by you under this Agreement or any Credit Support Document proves to have been false or misleading in any material respect as at the time it was made or given or deemed made or given;
- any Credit Support Provider fails, or you yourself fail to comply with or perform any agreement or obligation to be complied with or performed by you or it in accordance with the applicable Credit Support Document;
- any Credit Support Document expires or ceases to be in full force and effect prior to the satisfaction of all your obligations under this Agreement, unless we have agreed in writing that this shall not be an Event of Default;
- where any representation or warranty made by the Client in clause 25 is or becomes untrue;
- any event referred to in Clause 14 (Events of Default) occurs in respect of any Credit Support Provider;
- we consider it necessary or desirable for our own protection, or any action is taken or event occurs which we consider might have a material adverse effect upon, your ability to perform any of your obligations under this Agreement;
- you fail or omit to disclose to us your capacity as the beneficial owner of more than one accounts you may maintain with us and/or your capacity to act as a money manager on behalf of any other client of us;
- you take advantage of delays occurred in the prices and you place orders at outdated prices, you trade at off-market prices and/or outside trading hours, you manipulate the system to trade at prices not quoted to you by us and you perform any other action that constitutes improper trading; and/or
- any event of default (however described) occurs in relation to you under any other agreement between us.
14. NON ADVISED
14.1 Execution only
We deal on an execution only basis and do not advise on the merits of particular Transactions, or their taxation consequences.
14.2 Own judgement and suitability
Without prejudice to our foregoing obligations, in asking us to enter into any Transaction, you represent that you have been solely responsible for making your own independent appraisal and investigations into the risks of the Transaction. You represent that you have sufficient knowledge, market sophistication, professional advice and experience to make your own evaluation of the merits and risks of any Transaction and that you have read and accepted the Risk Disclosure Statement and guidelines in relation to the financial instruments and the markets which are available in our websites. We give you no warranty as to the suitability of the products traded under this Agreement and assume no fiduciary duty in our relations with you.
14.3 Incidental information
Where we do provide generic trading recommendations, market commentary or other information:
- this is incidental to your dealing relationship with us. It is provided solely to enable you to make your own investment decisions and does not amount to advice;
- where information is in the form of a document containing a restriction on the person or category of persons for whom that document is intended or to whom it is distributed, you agree that you will not pass it on to any such person or category of persons;
- we give no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of such information or as to the tax consequences of any Transaction;
- you accept that prior to despatch, we may have acted upon it ourselves or made use of the information on which it is based. We do not make representations as to the time of receipt by you and cannot guarantee that you will receive such information at the same time as other clients. Any published research reports or recommendations may appear in one or more screen information service.
15. Inactive and Dormant Account
If, for 45 (forty-five) calendar days, there are no trades or non-trading operations (including agent operations) on a client account with a balance less than $5 (or the equivalent sum depending in the Currency of the Client Agreement), then the account will be classified by the Company as an Inactive Account.
When the Client account is classified as Inactive, all trades on the account will be archived as well and cannot be restored. However, at the Client’s request, the Company can provide a history of a requested account.
If the Client has and continues to: place trades, open or close positions and/or made a deposit into the Clients trading account, then the account will be classified by the Company as an Active Account.
The Client also agrees that any account which has been classified as Inactive Account, holding a zero balance/equity shall be turned to dormant account.
In the case where the Client wishes to re-activate a dormant account the he must contact the Company and inform us. However if the account Is re-activated (subject to, if required, up-to-date Know Your Client documentation provided to the Company by Client) and the client has not done the following with the active account:
-place a trade
– open or close positions; and/or
– made a deposit into the Clients trading account; for a period of 45 days and more,
– then the account will become once again a Dormant account.
Where the Client’s account has:
- Balance equal to zero (no own funds available in the account; AND
- Equity equal to zero (no Bonus Award available in the account); AND
- no opened positions; the account should be moved to a special group, without the ability to open new positions. For reactivation, the Client needs to request this in writing to email@example.com
The Company reserves the right to charge an account which remains inactive for 45 days, a fixed account maintenance fee of USD 100, followed by a maintenance fee of USD 100 for every 45 days the accounts continues to be inactive (no movements within the last 45 days) assuming the account has sufficient funds.
If the account is funded with less than USD 100 and has been inactive for 45 days period, the Company reserves the right to charge a lower amount to cover administrative expenses and inform the Client of the pending account closure within then next 10 business days after this notification. In case of account closure, this Agreement will be suspended and/or your account will be archived. We reserve the right to change the 45 days inactivity period as we deem necessary.
16. Swap-free – Islamic accounts
The Company offers Swap Free Client Accounts for CFD trading. The Company in its discretion may change the Underlying Assets available for Swap free Client Accounts. Swap-free trading accounts are available only to those clients who cannot use swaps owing to their religious beliefs. Accordingly, in all instances where a request for an Islamic (Swap-free) Account is filed with us, we reserve the right to require an adequate justification for and/or proof of the necessity or need of any such conversion. Furthermore, we reserve the right to refuse the processing of any such request for any reason whatsoever, without being obliged to provide any explanation or justification.
While a client may file a request for an Islamic (Swap-free) trading account at any time, the filing of any such request entails that all of such client’s other real trading Accounts with us will be converted into Swap-free trading accounts also, without any further notice being required. Conversion of a real trading Account to a Swap-free trading account is performed by our Support Department only upon the request and consent of those clients who complete and submit a request for an Islamic (Swap-free) Account. Upon the receipt of such a duly signed and executed request, we shall evaluate request and any ancillary documentation submitted to us and shall inform the client who requested the conversion by e-mail whether the request is accepted or not.
Clients are not allowed to use Swap-free Accounts to make profits from Swaps and may not request the payment of any Swap amounts that have been lost as a result of converting their real trading Account(s) into one or more Swap-free Account(s) for the period during which their real trading Account(s) has/have been converted into one or more Swap-free account(s).
We reserve the right to revoke the Swap-free status granted to any real trading Account at any time without being obliged to provide any explanation or justification. Furthermore, in the event that we detect any form of abuse, fraud, manipulation, cash-back arbitrage, carry trades, or other forms of deceitful or fraudulent activity in regard to any Swap-free Account of any client, we reserve the right, at any time, (a) with immediate effect, to revoke the Swap-free status from any and all real trading Accounts of such client that have been converted to a Swap-free trading Account; (b) to correct and recover any unaccrued Swaps and any related un-accrued interest expenses and or costs pertaining to any and all of such client’s Swap-free trading Accounts during the period for which such Accounts were converted into Swap-free trading Accounts; and/or (c), with immediate effect, to close all trading Accounts of such client with us, nullify all trades carried out in such client’s trading Accounts with us and cancel and all profits or losses garnered in such client’s trading Accounts with us.
17. ELECTRONIC TRADING TERMS
These clauses apply to your use of any Electronic Services.
17.2 Access and Trading Hours
Once you have gone through the security procedures associated with an Electronic Service provided by us, you will get access to such service, unless agreed otherwise or stated on our website. All references to the Company’s hours of trading are in Greenwich Mean Time + 2 (“GMT”) using 24-hour format. Our Electronic Services will normally be available continuously from 22:00 GMT Sunday until 22:00 GMT Friday (winter time), every week, excluding public holidays where the Financial Derivatives market does not operate and cases where the market is closed due to illiquidity in the financial instruments. Please consult our website for more details on operating times for each financial instrument. We reserve the right to suspend or modify the operating hours on our own discretion and on such event our website will be updated without delay in order to inform you accordingly. In this respect the operating hours, as indicated on the websites operated by our company and to which you have trading rights are the applicable. We may change our security procedures at any time and we will inform you of any new procedures that apply to you as soon as possible.
17.3 Electronic Order entry for Market Orders equals Order execution
To enter an online order, you must access the online platform, then click on “BUY/SELL” for the relevant instrument. Complete the order which is then filled shortly after you hit the OK button provided you have sufficient funds in your Account. Orders may fail for several reasons including changing dealer prices, insufficient margin, unspecified lot size or unanticipated technical difficulties.
17.4 Restrictions on services provided
There may be restrictions on the number of Transactions that you can enter into on any one day and also in terms of the total value of those Transactions when using an Electronic Service. Please refer to our website for details of the limits imposed upon Transactions carried out through our Electronic Services.
17.5 Access requirements
You will be responsible for providing the System (hardware equipment) to enable you to use an Electronic Service (trading platform).
17.6 Virus detection
You will be responsible for the installation and proper use of any virus detection/scanning program we require from time to time.
17.7 Use of information, data and software
In the event that you receive any data, information or software via an Electronic Service other than that which you are entitled to receive pursuant to this Agreement, you will immediately notify us and will not use, in any way whatsoever, such data, information or software.
17.8 Maintaining standards
When using an Electronic Service you must:
- ensure that the System is maintained in good order and is suitable for use with such Electronic Service;
- run such tests and provide such information to us as we shall reasonably consider necessary to establish that the System satisfies the requirements notified by us to you from time to time;
- carry out virus checks on a regular basis;
- inform us immediately of any unauthorised access to an Electronic Service or any unauthorised Transaction or instruction which you know of or suspect and, if within your control, cause such unauthorised use to cease; and
- not at any time leave the terminal from which you have accessed such Electronic Service or let anyone else use the terminal until you have logged off such Electronic Service.
17.9 System defects
In the event you become aware of a material defect, malfunction or virus in the System or in an Electronic Service, you will immediately notify us of such defect, malfunction or virus and cease all use of such Electronic Service until you have received permission from us to resume use.
17.10 Intellectual Property
All rights in patents, copyrights, design rights, trade marks and any other intellectual property rights (whether registered or unregistered) relating to the Electronic Services remain vested in us or our licensors. You will not copy, interfere with, tamper with, alter, amend or modify the Electronic Services or any part or parts thereof unless expressly permitted by us in writing, reverse compile or disassemble the Electronic Services, nor purport to do any of the same or permit any of the same to be done, except in so far as such acts are expressly permitted by law. Any copies of the Electronic Services made in accordance with law are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You shall ensure that all the licensors trademarks and copyright and restricted rights notices are reproduced on these copies. You shall maintain an up-to-date written record of the number of copies of the Electronic Services made by you. If we so request, you shall as soon as reasonably practical, provide to us a statement of the number and whereabouts of copies of the Electronic Services.
17.11 Liability and Indemnity
Without prejudice to any other terms of this Agreement, relating to the limitation of liability and provision of indemnities, the following clauses shall apply to our Electronic Services.
- Immediate suspension or permanent withdrawal. We have the right, unilaterally and with immediate effect, to suspend or withdraw permanently your ability to use any Electronic Service, or any part thereof, without notice, where we consider it necessary or advisable to do so, for example due to your non-compliance with the Applicable Regulations, breach of any provisions of this Agreement, on the occurrence of an Event of Default, network problems, failure of power supply, for maintenance, or to protect you when there has been a breach of security. In addition, the use of an Electronic Service may be terminated automatically, upon the termination (for whatever reason) of:
- any licence granted to us which relates to the Electronic Service; or this Agreement.
- Suspension or permanent withdrawal with notice. Without prejudice to any other provisions of this Agreement, we may suspend or permanently withdraw an Electronic Service, by giving you 24 hours written notice.
- We shall not be liable for any act taken by or on the instruction of an exchange, clearing house or regulatory body.
- Unauthorised use. We shall not be liable for any loss, liability or cost whatsoever arising from any unauthorised use of the Electronic Service. You shall on demand indemnify, protect and hold us harmless from and against all losses, liabilities, judgements, suits, actions, proceedings, claims, damages and costs resulting from or arising out of any act or omission by any person using an Electronic Service by using your designated passwords, whether or not you authorised such use.
- Viruses from your System. You will ensure that no computer viruses, worms, software bombs or similar items are introduced into our computer system or network and will indemnify us on demand for any loss that we suffer arising as a result of any such introduction.
- Viruses from an Electronic Service. We shall have no liability to you (whether in contract or in tort, including negligence) in the event that any viruses, worms, software bombs or similar items are introduced into the System via an Electronic Service or any software provided by us to you in order to enable you to use the Electronic Service, provided that we have taken reasonable steps to prevent any such introduction.
- We shall not be obliged to execute any instruction which has been identified that is based on errors caused by delays of the system to update prices provided by the system price feeder or the third party service providers. We do not accept any liability towards executed trades that have been based and have been the result of delays as described above.
- Neither we nor any third party software provider accepts any liability in respect of any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any data provided to you in connection with an Electronic Service. We do not accept any liability in respect of any delays, inaccuracies or errors in prices quoted to you if these delays, inaccuracies or errors are caused by third party service providers with which we may collaborate.
- System errors. We shall have no liability to you for damage which you may suffer as a result of transmission errors, technical faults, malfunctions, illegal intervention in network equipment, network overloads, malicious blocking of access by third parties, internet malfunctions, interruptions or other deficiencies on the part of internet service providers. You acknowledge that access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable due to such system errors, and that we reserve the right upon notice to suspend access to Electronic Services for this reason.
- Effects of termination. In the event of a termination of the use of an Electronic Service for any reason, upon request by us, you shall, at our option, return to us or destroy all hardware, software and documentation we have provided you in connection with such Electronic Service and any copies thereof.
18. Promotions and Incentives
18.1 Clients with open trades who have not logged in for more than one week and/or never made a deposit will have their open positions automatically closed each weekend; the funds will be debited from their account. The Company accepts no liability or responsibility regarding the financial outcome resulting the automatic closure of the aforementioned open positions.
18.2 The Company, from time to time, and at our sole discretion, may offer several types of promotions and/or incentives through which Clients can earn specified rewards upon reaching or by completing pre-defined targets. “Promotions” are schemes which the Company runs repeatedly with the same or similar mechanisms whilst “incentives” (or competitions) are specific one-off schemes (for example, but not limited to, Christmas gifts) usually open to Clients only subject to invitation and respective confirmations. Clients who have not deposited any funds cannot be entitled to any bonus, or to any withdrawal bonuses and/or any other similar incentives which may be available under any promotion or incentive offered by the Company.
18.3 Joining promotions will be subject to specific conditions, as listed below, in Section10.5. However, the conditions applicable for the specific one-off incentives are/will be issued in the incentive announcement. When joining promotions and/or incentives, all other terms of this Agreement apply unless expressly and specifically excluded. Conditions apply for the duration of the promotion/incentive only and may be subject to change without any notice.
18.4 Any suspected breach, violation, or abuse of this Agreement and/or the specific conditions may lead, without prejudice, to any other right we may have under this Agreement or Regulations, to the immediate cancellation, withdrawal and debit of all bonuses.
18.5 Promotions and incentives are subject to availability and might not be offered to all clients. By participating in promotions and incentives you continue to accept our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change promotions and/or incentives, conditions, withdraw, or annul any scheme without prior notice.
A. Rebate Bonus
Subject to joining the rebate bonus promotion, the following conditions shall apply:
- Our rebate bonus scheme will allow you to claim real cashback money when specified targets (for example: volume, rebate per trade, etc.) are completed before the promotion’s expiration time. Targets are applicable as per the specific rebate promotion.
- The rebate bonus scheme may apply to all financial instruments or to specific ones from time to time. The rebate amount available per financial instruments is indicated in each asset box on your trading terminal and will be added to your cashback wallet at the opening of a new trade.
- As soon as you complete the required target, you will be able to manually claim the accumulated cashback amount. You can claim the cashback by clicking the relevant button in the cashback wallet.
- The claimed amount will be transferred to your account and will be available for immediate withdrawal without any additional requirements.
- If the expiration time is reached before the targets are completed, we may inform you of three options, as applicable:
- Get extra time, or
- Assign a new target and carry over the accumulated cashback amount.
- Extra time, if offered, will only be offered once per target. If you chose to switch to a new target, you may carry over your accumulated cashback.
- As long as you have a completed the target but an unclaimed cashback, no additional promotion will be issued to you. If you reach your target and wish to participate in a new promotion, you will have to first claim the cashback money from the previous promotion. Clients trading through our dealing room will have to claim the cashback on the trading platform.
- You make a redeposit to an existing promotion without changing your target(s).
- The rebate bonus promotion is subject to availability and might not be available for all clients. By participating in this bonus promotion, you continue to accept our Terms and Conditions. We have the right to change the present Terms and Conditions, withdraw or annul the bonus promotion at any time and without prior notice.
- The rebate bonus promotion is subject to availability and might not be available for all clients. By participating in this bonus promotion you continue to accept our Terms and Conditions. We have the right to change the present Terms and Conditions, withdraw or annul the bonus promotion at any time without prior notice.
B. Phone Verification
- Clients are eligible to participate in the Phone Verification Bonus by following the relevant promotional campaign and registering their correct telephone number before their initial deposit. Duplicate registrations by the same Client will result in the cancellation of all issued bonuses.
- Participating Clients will receive a one-off phone verification bonus worth USD 50, which will be credited to the trading account for immediate use.
- After the Client has verified his/her phone number and received the USD 50 Verification Bonus, he/she has a period of 7 days in which to make a deposit and open at least 1 position.
- If the Client fails to deposit, but has traded with the bonus amount and has open positions, then on the 8th day all open positions will be closed and the account balance (including bonus and profits) will be set to 0 (zero).
- If the Client deposited funds, but has not traded, the bonus will be debited from the trading account on the 8th day.
- If the Client, after receiving the Phone Verification Bonus of USD 50, has not logged into the account for 7 days, the bonus will be debited from the trading account on the 8th day.
- Subject to meeting all of the below criteria, the phone verification bonus will become withdrawable:
- Completed “Know Your Client” (KYC) documentation;
- Opened at least 1 trade;
- Fulfilled a minimum trade volume of USD 1,000,000 (one million);
- Clients are eligible to receive the bonus once, and for 1 account only. Each account opened qualifies for the bonus once per registered IP address, phone number, and email;
- The account in question contains a minimum balance of USD 100.
- Residents of certain countries may not be eligible to participate in the Phone Verification Bonus. The Company reserves the right to restrict Clients from participating in the Phone Verification Bonus at any time without notice.
C. Refer-a-Friend Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is only available to existing RWMarkets Traders (the “Referrer”), upon manager approval, and valid only once for each unique referral (“New Account Referral”). A New Account Referral is defined as a trader who is currently NOT a RWMarkets customer. Traders who have accounts, or have had accounts with RWMarkets at any time during the past 12 months, will not count as New Account Referrals.
- Referrer will register New Account Holders’ personal contact details with RWMarkets, subject to their explicit consent, in order to mark a New Account Holder as a referred client.
- The Referrer will be awarded with the following amounts:
- USD 100 if the New Account Referral makes an initial deposit between USD 500 to USD 1,000.
- 10% bonus from the New Account Referral’s deposit if the initial deposit is between USD 1,000 to USD 10,000. This is valid on the New Account Referral’s first deposit only.
The bonus will be credited directly to the Referrer’s account and will be subject to USD 1 million of trading volume for each USD 100 bonus to become withdrawable. Immediately withdrawable deposits do not qualify for this bonus.
- RWMarkets reserves the right to terminate all transactions related to this offer at any time without giving prior notice. Any hedging trades in a single account or across multiple accounts will be cancelled as per the standard Terms and Conditions.
- This offer can only be combined with the Cashback Bonus, whereby Cashback requirements will be accounted for, before Refer-a-Friend requirements.
- The Referrer confirms that New Account Holders have agreed to disclose personal contact information such as, but not limited to name, email address, and/or telephone numbers to RWMarkets for the purpose of being contacted for trading in Financial Instruments.
- New Account Holders’ contact details will be added to RWMarket’s database for the purpose of sending marketing materials and general financial information. The New Account Holder can be removed from the marketing email list as per his/her own request by using the “unsubscribe” buttons in the emails.
- RWMarket’s general Terms and Conditions apply.
- RWMarkets reserves the right to terminate all transactions related to this offer at any time without giving prior notice. Any hedging trades in a single account or across multiple accounts will be cancelled as per the standard Terms and Conditions.
- This offer can only be combined with the Cashback Bonus, whereby Cashback requirements will be accounted for, before Refer-a-Friend requirements.
- The New Account Holders shall confirm to RWMarkets to have agreed to disclose personal contact information such as, but not limited to name, email address, and/or telephone numbers to RWMarkets for the purpose of being contacted for trading in Financial Instruments.
- New Account Holders’ contact details will be added to RWMarket’s database for the purpose of sending marketing materials and general financial information. The New Account Holder can be removed from the marketing email list as per his/her own request by using the “unsubscribe” buttons in the emails.
- RWMarket’s general Terms and Conditions apply.
19. MARGINING ARRANGEMENTS
19.1 Contingent liability
Where we effect or arrange a Transaction, you should note that, depending upon the nature of the Transaction, you may be liable to make further payments when the Transaction fails to be completed or upon the earlier settlement or closing out of your position. You may be required to make further variable payments by way of margin against the purchase price of the investment, instead of paying (or receiving) the whole purchase (or sale) price immediately. The movement in the market price of your investment will affect the amount of margin payment you will be required to make. We will monitor your margin requirements on a daily basis and we will inform you as soon as it is reasonably practicable of the amount of any margin payment required under this clause.
19.2 Margin call
You are responsible for maintaining appropriate arrangements with us at all times for the receipt and communication of information regarding Margin. You are aware and acknowledge that we may require you to increase the amount in your Account pursuant to a Margin call. A Margin call may be based upon a number of factors, including without limitation, your overall positions with us, your account size, the number of open Transactions you have, volume traded, your trade history and market conditions.
You agree to pay us on demand such sums by way of margin as are required from time to time as we may in our discretion reasonably require for the purpose of protecting ourselves against loss or risk of loss on present, future or contemplated Transactions under this Agreement.
19.3 Failure to meet margin call
At margin levels of less than 25% of your equity, we have a discretionary right to begin closing positions immediately and without notice. Individual Stop Out levels are set at 25% and we reserve the right to close all or any of your Open Positions below Stop Out level immediately and without notice solely in our discretion. The provisions of this paragraph are applicable to all Clients.
For deals entered using the MT4 online trading platform, we have a discretionary right to issue margin calls when the margin level is below 50%. Deals will be closed automatically and without any further notice when the margin level falls below 20%.
19.4 Form of margin
The margin must be forwarded in a currency acceptable by us, as requested from time to time by the Company. The Margin paid to us is held as client money in accordance with the requirements of the Client Money Rules. Margin deposits shall be made by wire transfer, credit card, e-wallet or by such other means as the Company may direct.
19.5 Set-off on default
If there is an Event of Default or this Agreement terminates, we shall set-off the balance of the margin owed by us to you against your obligations (as reasonably valued by us). The net amount, if any, payable between us following such set-off, shall take into account the Liquidation Amount payable under Clause 20 (Netting).
19.6 Further assurance
You agree to execute such further documents and to take such further steps as we may reasonably require to perfect our security interest over and obtain legal title to the Secured Obligations.
19.7 Negative pledge
You undertake neither to create nor to have outstanding any security interest whatsoever over, nor to agree to assign or transfer, any of the cash margin transferred to us, except a lien routinely imposed on all securities in a clearing system in which such securities may be held.
19.8 General lien
In addition and without prejudice to any rights to which we may be entitled under this Agreement or any Applicable Regulations, we shall have a general lien on all cash held by us or our Associates or our nominees on your behalf until the satisfaction of the Secured Obligations.
20.1 Rights on Default
On the occurrence of an Event of Default, we may exercise our rights under this clause, except that in the case of the occurrence of any Event of Default specified in Clause 13 of the definition of Events of Default (each a “ Bankruptcy Default”), the automatic termination provision of this clause shall apply.
20.2 Liquidation Date
Subject to the following sub-clause, at any time following the occurrence of an Event of Default, we may, by notice to you, specify a date (the “Liquidation Date”) for the termination and liquidation of Transactions in accordance with this clause.
20.3 Automatic termination
The date of the occurrence of any Bankruptcy Default shall automatically constitute a Liquidation Date, without the need for any notice by us and the provisions of the following sub-clause shall then apply.
20.4 Calculation of Liquidation Amount
Upon the occurrence of a Liquidation Date:
- neither of us shall be obliged to make any further payments or deliveries under any Transactions which would, but for this clause, have fallen due for performance on or after the Liquidation Date and such obligations shall be satisfied by settlement (whether by payment, set-off or otherwise) of the Liquidation Amount (as defined below);
- we shall (on, or as soon as reasonably practicable after, the Liquidation Date) determine (discounting if appropriate), in respect of each Transaction the total cost, loss or, as the case may be, gain, in each case expressed in the Base Currency specified by us in writing or, failing any such specification, the lawful currency of the United States (and, if appropriate, including any loss of bargain, cost of funding or, without duplication, cost, loss or, as the case may be, gain as a result of the termination, liquidation, obtaining, performing or re-establishing of any hedge or related trading position) as a result of the termination, pursuant to this Agreement, of each payment or delivery which would otherwise have been required to be made under such Transaction (assuming satisfaction of each applicable condition precedent and having due regard, if appropriate, to such market quotations published on, or official settlement prices set by the relevant exchange as may be available on, or immediately preceding, the date of calculation); and
- we shall treat each cost or loss to us, determined as above, as a positive amount and each gain by us, so determined, as a negative amount and aggregate all of such amounts to produce a single, net positive or negative amount, denominated in the Base Currency (the “ Liquidation Amount”).
If the Liquidation Amount determined pursuant to this clause is a positive amount, you shall pay it to us and if it is a negative amount, we shall pay it to you. We shall notify you of the Liquidation Amount, and by whom it is payable, immediately after the calculation of such amount.
20.6 Other transactions
Where termination and liquidation occurs in accordance with this clause, we shall also be entitled, at our discretion, to terminate and liquidate, in accordance with the provisions of this clause, any other transactions entered into between us which are then outstanding.
The Liquidation Amount shall be paid in the Base Currency by the close of business on the Business Day following the completion of the termination and liquidation under this clause (converted as required by applicable law into any other currency, any costs of such conversion to be borne by you, and (if applicable) deducted from any payment to you). Any Liquidation Amount not paid on the due date shall be treated as an unpaid amount and bear interest, at the average rate at which overnight deposits in the currency of such payment are offered by major banks in the London interbank market as of 11.00 am (London time) (or, if no such rate is available, at such reasonable rate as we may select) plus one (1%) per annum for each day for which such amount remains unpaid.
20.8 Base Currency
For the purposes of any calculation hereunder, we may convert amounts denominated in any other currency into the Base Currency at such rate prevailing at the time of the calculation as we shall reasonably select.
Unless a Liquidation Date has occurred or has been effectively set, we shall not be obliged to make any payment or delivery scheduled to be made by us under a Transaction for as long as an Event of Default or any event which may become (with the passage of time, the giving of notice, the making of any determination hereunder, or any combination thereof) an Event of Default with respect to you has occurred and is continuing.
20.10 Additional rights
Our rights under this clause shall be in addition to, and not in limitation or exclusion of, any other rights which we may have (whether by agreement, operation of law or otherwise).
20.11 Application of netting to Transactions
This clause applies to each Transaction entered into or outstanding between us on or after the date this Agreement takes effect.
20.12 Single agreement
This Agreement, the particular terms applicable to each Transaction entered into under this Agreement, and all amendments to any of them shall together constitute a single agreement between us. We both acknowledge that all Transactions entered into on or after the date this Agreement takes effect are entered into in reliance upon the fact that the Agreement and all such terms constitute a single agreement between us.
21. RIGHTS ON DEFAULT
On an Event of Default or at any time after we have determined, in our absolute discretion, that you have not performed (or we reasonably believe that you will not be able or willing in the future to perform) any of your obligations to us, in addition to any rights under the Clause 20 (Netting) we shall be entitled, without prior notice to you:
- instead of returning to you investments equivalent to those credited to your account, to pay to you the fair market value of such investments at the time we exercise such right;
- to sell such of your investments as are in our possession or in the possession of any nominee or third party appointed under or pursuant to this Agreement, in each case as we may in our absolute discretion select or and upon such terms as we may in our absolute discretion think fit (without being responsible for any loss or diminution in price) in order to realise funds sufficient to cover any amount due by you hereunder;
- to close out, replace or reverse any Transaction, buy, sell, borrow or lend or enter into any other Transaction or take, or refrain from taking, such other action at such time or times and in such manner as, at our sole discretion, we consider necessary or appropriate to cover, reduce or eliminate our loss or liability under or in respect of any of your contracts, positions or commitments; and/or
- to cancel and/or consider void any Transactions and profits or losses either realised or unrealised and/or to close out the account(s) you maintain with us pursuant to this Agreement, immediately and without prior notice.
22. TERMINATION WITHOUT DEFAULT
Each Party may terminate this Agreement by giving at least thirty (30) Days Written Notice to the other Party.
The Company may terminate this Agreement immediately if you fail to observe or perform any provision of this Agreement or in the event of your insolvency.
Upon terminating this Agreement:
- all amounts payable by you to the Company will become immediately due and payable including (but without limitation):
- all outstanding Costs and any other amounts payable to the Company;
- any dealing expenses incurred by terminating the Agreement and charges incurred for transferring the Client’s investments to another investment firm;
- any losses and expenses realised in closing out any Transactions or settling or concluding outstanding obligations incurred by the Company on the Client’s behalf;
- any charges and additional expenses incurred or to be incurred by the Company as a result of the termination of the Agreement;
- any damages which arose during the arrangement or settlement of pending obligations;
- The Company shall apply best execution rules in cases where you have not provided the Company with specific instructions regarding the closing of your positions.
- The Company shall return any funds remaining in your trading account to your bank account, specifically the account from which the funds were debited. Your funds may be returned to another bank account to which you are the beneficiary as long as you provide us with the required documents to verify that the account belongs to you.
22.2 Existing rights
Termination shall not affect then outstanding rights and obligations and Transactions which shall continue to be governed by this Agreement and the particular clauses agreed between us in relation to such Transactions until all obligations have been fully performed.
We have the right to amend the terms of this Agreement. If we make any material change to this Agreement, we will give at least ten (10) business days written notice to you. Such amendment will become effective on the date specified in the notice. Unless otherwise agreed, an amendment will not affect any outstanding order or Transaction or any legal rights or obligations which may already have arisen.
Unless otherwise agreed, all notices, instructions and other communications to be given by us under this Agreement shall be given to the address or fax number provided by you to us. Likewise, all notices, instructions and other communications to be given by you under this Agreement shall be given to us in writing at the address below:
23.3 Our Details
Name: RWMarkets owned by Progressive Tech Limited
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Address: Suite 14 Queen Street, Ediburgh, United Kingdom, EH2 1JE
Email Address: email@example.com
You will notify us of any change of your address for the receipt of notices, instructions and other communications immediately.
23.4 Electronic Communications
Subject to Applicable Regulations, any communication between us using electronic signatures and any communications via our website https://www.rwmarkets.com/en-gb/ and/or Electronic Services shall be binding as if they were in writing. Orders or instructions given to you via e-mail or other electronic means will constitute evidence of the orders or instructions given.
23.5 Recording of calls
We may record telephone conversations without use of a warning tone to ensure that the material terms of the Transaction, and any other material information relating to the Transaction is promptly and accurately recorded. Any recordings shall be and remain the sole property of the Company and will be accepted by the Client as conclusive evidence of the Instructions/Requests or conversations so recorded. The Client agrees that the Company may deliver copies of transcripts of such recordings to any court, regulatory or government authority.
23.6 Our records
Our records, unless shown to be wrong, will be evidence of your dealings with us in connection with our services. You will not object to the admission of our records as evidence in any legal proceedings because such records are not originals, are not in writing nor are they documents produced by a computer. You will not rely on us to comply with your record keeping obligations, although records may be made available to you on request at our absolute discretion.
23.7 Your records
You agree to keep adequate records in accordance with Applicable Regulations to demonstrate the nature of orders submitted and the time at which such orders are submitted. You can access your statements online at any time via our trading platform. You may request to receive your statement monthly or quarterly via email, by providing such a request to the support department.
23.8 Complaints procedure
We are obliged to put in place internal procedures for handling complaints fairly and promptly. You may submit a complaint to us, for example by letter, telephone or email. We will send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint promptly following receipt, enclosing details of our complaints procedures. Please contact us if you would like further details regarding our complaints procedures.
23.9 Third Party Rights
This Agreement shall be for the benefit of and binding upon us both and our respective successors and assigns. You shall not assign, charge or otherwise transfer or purport to assign, charge or otherwise transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement or any interest in this Agreement, without our prior written consent, and any purported assignment, charge or transfer in violation of this clause shall be void. You agree that we may without further notice to you and subject to Applicable Regulations, transfer by whatever means we consider appropriate all or any of our rights, benefits, obligations, risks and/or interests under this Agreement to any person who may enter into a contract with us in connection with such transfer and you agree that we may transfer to such person all information which we hold about you.
23.10 Time of essence
Time shall be of the essence in respect of all obligations of yours under this Agreement (including any Transaction).
23.11 Rights and remedies
The rights and remedies provided under this Agreement are cumulative and not exclusive of those provided by law. We shall be under no obligation to exercise any right or remedy either at all or in a manner or at a time beneficial to you. No failure by us to exercise or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under this Agreement (including any Transaction) or otherwise shall operate as a waiver of those or any other rights or remedies. No single or partial exercise of a right or remedy shall prevent further exercise of that right or remedy or the exercise of another right or remedy.
Without prejudice to any other rights to which we may be entitled, we may at any time and without notice to you set off any amount (whether actual or contingent, present or future) owed by you to us against any amount (whether actual or contingent, present or future) owed by us to you. For these purposes, we may ascribe a commercially reasonable value to any amount which is contingent or which for any other reason is unascertained.
23.13 Partial invalidity
If, at any time, any provision of this Agreement is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under the law of any jurisdiction, neither the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement nor the legality, validity or enforceability of such provision under the law of any other jurisdiction shall in any way be affected or impaired.
In this Agreement:
“Account” means the account you hold with us and designated with a particular account number.
“Associate” means an undertaking in the same group as us, a representative whom we or an undertaking in the same group as us appoint, or any other person with whom we have a relationship that might reasonably be expected to give rise to a community of interest between us and them.
“Business Day” means a day upon which banks are open for business in United Kingdom or the financial markets are open for trading.
“Client Money Rules” means the rules specified in the applicable regulation and other related matters issued pursuant to this paragraph.
“Contract for Differences” or “Financial Derivatives” means a derivative financial instrument, with no obligation in connection with the underlying asset and with settlements as the difference in price are done only in cash.
“Credit Support Provider” means any person who has entered into any guarantee, hypothecation, agreement, margin or security agreement in our favor in respect of your obligations under this Agreement.
“Event of Default” means any of the events of default as listed in Clause 13 (Events of Default).
“Execution” means the completion of clients’ orders on Progressive Tech Ltd trading platform.
“OTC” means ‘over the counter’ and refers to transactions conducted otherwise than on an exchange.
“RWMarkets Trading Desk” means the trading desk operated by us at our premises.
“RWMarkets Online Trading System” means the internet-based trading system available at our website that allows you to provide us with instructions
“Secured Obligations” means the net obligation owed by you to us after the application of set-off under clause 12 (Margining Arrangements) in the paragraph entitled (Set-off on default).
“Financial Derivatives Contract” means a contract between Progressive Tech Ltd and its Client to exchange two currencies at an agreed exchange rate.
“System” means all computer hardware and software, equipment, network facilities and other resources and facilities needed to enable you to use an Electronic Service.
“Transaction” means any transaction subject to this Agreement and includes a Financial Derivatives, or forward contract of any kind, future, option or other derivative contract in relation to any commodity, financial instrument (including any security), currency, interest rate, index or any combination thereof and any other transaction or financial instrument for which we are authorized under our license from time to time which we both agree shall be a Transaction.
Underlying: Forward and/or futures contracts on Currencies (Spot FOREX), Metal, Commodities, Futures, Options, Forwards, Stocks, Indices.
We (our, us): RWMARKETS is a globally operating brand and includes any of our affiliated companies.
Website: www.RWMARKETS.com or any other Website of the Company’s trade names, as we may from time to time notify to you.
You: The Client(s) who is (are) the holder(s) of the Account.
Your Information: Any information that we receive from you or otherwise obtain which relates to you, your Account, or our provision or your use of the Services.
Last Updated: July 2019